Friday, January 10, 2014

What's next...

"I really like this class because it is inspiring and I never know what's going to happen next."

She spoke these words from the heart and when she did I knew she meant every word.
She spoke such a simple truth, that is not only true about art, but true of life.
As much as we plan, and schedule, and organize, the truth is we really don't know what is going to happen from one moment to the next.

I go between loving and fearing the unexpected.
My sweet creative student renewed my love of the unexpected yesterday when she spoke those simple true words.

Artists need unclenched fists, open hearts, and eyes that are willing to look at things a bit differently.
I think that's why some of my favorite artists are kids. 

As artists, God wants us to speak life and truth into each other's lives. 
He wants creativity to be spread contagiously.
He wants us to be okay with what He has prepared for us, moment to moment.

Praying your mysteriously inspired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment